Management Matters Network, a division of IQPC, is seeking a full-time editor for its newest and fast growing B2B online publication. The ideal candidate has a combination of business acumen, journalistic prowess and an entrepreneurial spirit.
This person will write and edit articles and other multimedia pieces for our audience of practicing professionals around the world.
They should be knowledgeable and interested in the fields of business, management, leadership and economics. As this is a “ground-up” operation with strengths to scale up fast, this person should be a self-starter, see big picture and small details and be willing to try new approaches in order to build a reputable publication.
You’ll write and edit custom content, work with contributors in our network and interview senior-level Fortune 1000 business executives.
Role & Responsibility:
Here’s a sample of what you’ll get to do.
- Work with a team of freelance contributors guiding the story to final article process.
- Interview Fortune 1000 business executives and condense the interview into a compelling online content piece
- Develop and manage an editorial calendar that supports the business’ product goals
- Ensure strategic content articles are regularly updated to ensure accuracy and improve search performance
- Pitch, pursue, and write evergreen stories that translate well to social media and provide long tail benefits
- Travel to select conferences and Exchange programs to meet and interview senior level professionals
- Work with digital marketing manager to grow audience and increase engagement
- Source and manage contributors
- Create weekly e-newsletter
- Moderate and/or speak at online and live events
- Trial and test SEO benefiting and reader engaging headlines
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 8+ years of journalism experience (experience at a leading or B2B publication a plus)
- Must be degreed – in journalism, business or communications
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices and basic image formatting to create compelling visual guides – a plus
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written
- Strong knowledge and experience with social media channels
- You are comfortable working as a part of a mixed in-person and virtual team
- You meet (or beat) deadlines
- You are skilled prioritizing in a rapidly changing environment
Salary commensurate to experience. Strong benefits package
We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
Founded in 1973, IQPC is one of the world’s largest global information companies dedicated to providing interactive forums for exchange of information and sharing of new ideas and business solutions for millions of organizations worldwide. In addition, we have over twelve online publications serving the top industries we serve. We aim to consistently provide a stimulating and dynamic forum represented by top industry leaders, as well as newcomers to share their knowledge and expertise.
We have offices in New York, Canada, London, Singapore, Australia, Dubai, Miami and Tampa. This international presence affords a global perspective, a broad research base, and helps us to achieve our goal of inspiring business innovation, improving business performance, fostering powerful alliances and accelerating strategic partnerships.
Online Application Address: Amanda Powers, Managing Director/Publisher, Management Matters Network. Submit an application to Amanda.Powers@managementmattersnetwork.com.